Homemade cleaners are great for everyday cleaning tasks. They can be used on most surfaces, including countertops, sinks, toilets, showers, floors, etc. So, do you need a cheap and easy all-purpose cleaner? Look no further! In this blog post, we will share the easiest DIY all-purpose cleaner recipe that is both simple and effective. You can make it for only a few dollars!
- 32 ounce spray bottle
- 16 ounces of distilled water
- 16 ounces of white vinegar
- 15 drops of essential oil (optional)
Add water and vinegar to the spray bottle and screw on the lid. Add essential oil, if desired. Shake well to mix everything. To use, spray onto the surface you wish to clean and wipe away with a damp cloth.
Requirements When Creating a Homemade Cleaner
When creating a natural, homemade cleaner recipe, three requirements are necessary:
- It must be effective. In the case of a multi-purpose cleaner, it must be safe to use on various household surfaces (tabletops, tables, kitchen cabinets, hard floors, stainless steel, and tile) without requiring rinsing.
- The cleaner must receive an A grade on the EWG Healthy Cleaning scale.
- The cleaning must be cost-effective.
Benefits of DIY All-Purpose Cleaner Recipe
One of the most significant advantages of producing your cleaners is that you may avoid using hazardous chemicals in your house. Who wants to clean a home full of dangerous chemicals that might cause injury?
Environmentally friendly chemicals frequently result in removing grime and germs. Vinegar, alcohol, witch hazel, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, dish soap, and essential oils are all effective cleaning substances. Plus, it’s not only affordable; it’s also effective. Making a cleaner may help you save money on cleaning bills.
Essential oils can improve the ambiance and aroma of your home. They can eliminate foul odors while also aromatically uplifting you. You’ll be able to change the scent to match your mood and preferences after you’ve mastered creating your cleaning goods. There are plenty of options.
Natural Ingredients with Cleaning Benefits
- Lemon: The acidic nature of lemon juice makes it a powerful cleaning agent. It can clean kitchen surfaces, bathroom fixtures, and even stained clothing.
- Vinegar: Vinegar is an all-purpose cleaner used on surfaces such as countertops, floors, and windows. It’s also great for removing mildew and mold.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is a natural deodorizer and can be used to clean carpets, upholstery, and drains.
- Dish soap: Dish soap is effective for cleaning grease and grime. Kitchens and bathrooms can both benefit from it.
- Essential oils: Essential oils have antibacterial properties that make them ideal for cleaning. You can also use them to add a pleasant scent to your home.
To conclude, the ingredients you’ll need for this DIY all-purpose cleaner recipe are probably already in your kitchen. The key to making an effective all-purpose cleaner is using the right proportions for each ingredient. Follow the recipe to ensure that your all-purpose cleaner is effective and gentle on surfaces.
Need a hand with some cleaning? Check out our services at Dallas Sunrise Maids here!