Are you expecting guests shortly? Whether it’s for a special occasion or just because you want to show your guests a good time, cleaning your house is essential to ensure everything goes smoothly. But where should you start? In this blog post, we’ll give you 5 spots you can’t miss when cleaning for guests. Let’s go!
1) The Entryway
The entryway is the first and last thing guests see when entering and leaving your home. It’s important to keep it clean so that your guests have a positive impression of your home.
- Remove shoes before entering the house. It will help to prevent dirt and mud from being tracked into the house.
- Place a mat or rug at the door to catch dirt and debris. Be sure to shake or vacuum the mat regularly.
- Keep a small dustpan and brush near the door, so you can quickly sweep up any dirt or debris that is brought into the house.
- Wipe down the doorknob and door frame with a disinfectant wipe regularly.
2) The Kitchen
Here’s a quick guide to cleaning the kitchen from top to bottom:
- Wipe down all of the countertops, including the backsplash.
- Clean the stovetop and range hood.
- Clear off the table and sweep and mop the floor.
- Wipe down all of the cabinets, inside and out.
That should do it!
3) The Bathrooms
Bathrooms see a lot of traffic and can quickly become cluttered and dirty. To keep them clean:
- Start by decluttering the counters and shelves.
- Wipe down all surfaces, including the mirror, sink, and toilet.
- Scrub the toilet and sink.
- Mop the floor. Start in one corner and work across the room, using a clean mop head for each section.
Be sure to pay attention to any stains or areas that seem especially dirty!
4) The Carpets and Furniture
When it comes to the carpet and furniture, your best bet is to bring out the vacuum. Vacuuming removes dirt, dust, and other debris from the surface of fabrics, preventing them from working their way deep into the fibers. Additionally, vacuuming helps to remove pet hair, dander, and other allergens that can cause respiratory problems.
As you’re vacuuming, pay special attention to areas that collect dust, such as underneath furniture and along baseboards. With a little effort, vacuuming can help keep your carpets and furniture looking new.
5) The Ceiling
This is one that a lot of people miss, but it can really make a big difference when you’re cleaning for guests. Dust and spider webs can accumulate in corners and around light fixtures. While this may not seem like a big deal, it can reduce the efficiency of your lighting.
Dust can cause light to scatter, making it harder to see, and spider webs can block light completely. As a result, it’s important to check for cobwebs and dust build-up regularly.
Cleaning your home before guests arrive is important to make a good impression. But it can be overwhelming to know where to start and what needs to be done. So, follow this checklist for getting your home ready for visitors. You can create a welcoming space to impress your guests with a little planning and effort!
Looking for a really thorough clean before your guests arrive? We’ve got you covered! Click here to request a free cleaning estimate from Dallas Sunrise Maids today.